What is retail Recruiting and how does it Work?
Retail recruitment means finding and hiring the right candidate for the right job. The retail sector is concerned with all the shops that sell the goods to the final customers who directly consume the product. It includes all kinds of shops, small groceries, kiosks, large departmental stores, etc.; for this, go to the website to lead Dubai retail recruitment.
Retail recruitment includes the jobs of cashiers, sales associates, store managers, etc.
There are many candidates in this sector, and it becomes more challenging to find the right person for the right job. There are already over 15 million candidates in this sector who are working, and still, the number is still expected to grow. There are a massive number of job openings daily and even more in festive seasons.
The retail recruiters have to face many challenges while doing their work like:-
- Attracting the right candidate.
- The high volume of hiring.
- High turnover rate.
The recruiters have to set the parameters of their requirements first, and then they have to find the candidates. The number of candidates is so large that sometimes the suitable candidates are left behind. Due to this, there is a vast turnover also.
How does Retail recruiting Work?
The retail worker’s occupations are marked up as the second-largest job growth projections these days. After the corona pandemic, it has become more difficult for organizations to hire talented candidates. As in that phase, the organizations have to cut down their expenses due to that even they have to remove the qualified employees also. Again after a year hiring the capable and talented staff is a difficult task and also they have to maintain their goodwill in the market.
The retail industry has also gone digitized these days due to corona. So it is also a challenge to understand the applications and go online for the customers. Social distancing measures have barraged the businesses, while the retailers with physical stores also have got affected and have to go online for their survival. This situation has increased the requirement of manpower to provide door-to-door services to the customers.
The competition has also increased because before the competition was between the local retailers but these days, if we talk about the supermarket brands they have taken over the industry. Due to this, the local and small retailers are at huge losses. For this, go to the website to leading Dubai retail recruitment. The customer wants to convince even no one to step out of the house to buy the products or daily use services. This has become a big challenge for the small retailers in the market. This is even costing their survival now.
For example, if they talk about a vegetable seller, they are doing their business at a minimal level, but when the superstores have come into the picture, they are affected. That too they are providing the same services like them go door to door of the customers. Still, people want to buy from a brand and not from these local sellers. Some people do this out of fashion, show off, etc., but the local retailers are affected.
After all this, retail recruitment has become difficult for the recruiters as they cannot even increase their cost by recruiting again and again. The employee turnover ratio in this industry is much higher due to fewer salaries and perks given to the employees. But all this is possible if the following strategies are applied in the recruitment process.
Retail recruitment strategies:-
- Write a precise job description-Through this, and they can hire the right candidate. They should mention the critical technical skills required for the job. A job template can also be created for the same.
- Flexible scheduling- supermarkets are for 24 hours, so it is necessary to mention the schedule in advance as the candidate should be ready to work in flexible working hours.
- Build an employer brand-if you have a brand, and it will become easier to hire the candidates as many of them will be willing to work with you due to your goodwill in the market.
- Look for other industry candidates too-sometimes it happens that people from different industries can also be an asset as if we talk about hr persons they are good at convincing and in the retail industry the customers also get attracted by the behavior of the person working there.
- Employee referrals-you can also encourage employee referrals as it reduces the cost of recruitment also. Extra benefits or remunerations can also be offered against referrals.
It reduces cost as well as saves time, and provides quality also.
- Keep your talent pipeline full-As it is said that the turnover rate is much higher in the retail industry, so the recruits should always keep the talented people in hand in order to make no delays in the work.
- Highlight your EVP-EVP means employee value proposition. It is the set of offerings provided by the organization in return for the skills and capabilities brought by the employees. An EVP should be relevant and unique in that it works like a key to attracting talent and retaining them in the organization.
- Simplify interview process: You can leverage many new techniques like video interviews, mobile job applications, etc. These techniques reduce the cost and save time for both the recruiter and candidates. You can also use this at the very first step of screening the candidates.
- Create an attractive career site- The organization can showcase the success stories of its employees and companies to attract candidates. You can spotlight your best places to work awards, an employee of the month awards, etc. This will keep the employees motivated.
10. Turn to your customers-Sometimes the best candidate is in front of your nose as your customers. But we don’t think in that context. Be creative enough to open job positions to your customers so that it doesn’t harm your goodwill also. Customers are the people who own your business, products and service the most, and even they love it. So, they can also be converted into an asset to the organization.
Retail recruitment can be done in three steps:-
- Identifying and defining the recruitment-The requirement of the candidate should be accurate, and the recruiter should use the appropriate ways of finding the candidates for the required job.
- Attract the potential candidate-the recruiter should be clear in his mind at the time of recruitment to hire the candidate by their personality, not only based on experience. Because sometimes experienced people are not that fruitful for the organization as they may be rigid of their before working ways.
- Selecting the appropriate person-After all the analysis done about the requirements and screening the candidates for the job. It is the most crucial decision of the recruiter to provide the candidate with all the benefits they will have in the organization. Because the competition is very high in the retail industry, it has become mandatory for the organization to retain talented people for better results of their business.
Hence, the retail recruitment process is when we identify the candidate’s experiences and aptitude to do the specific job that we are looking to fill. Still, we should also find someone who shares and endorses our company’s core values and fits in companies’ working culture. For this, go to the website to leading Dubai retail recruitment. The most important thing to be kept in the recruitment process is to reduce the turnover.
Sunny Chawla is a Managing Director at Alliance Recruitment Agency. He specializes in helping client for international recruiting, staffing, HR services and Careers advice service for overseas and international businesses.