As we know the digital landscape is fast-paced, the businesses generally find themselves looking for skilled developers for their tech projects. However, finding and employing a proficient is easier said than done. It’s a painstaking and time-consuming task. This is where IT staff augmentation plays a major role. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the process of hiring dedicated developers through IT staff augmentation.
Let’s begin by understanding what IT staff augmentation is.
IT Staff Augmentation
In simple words, IT staff augmentation is a strategy of hiring and adding members to your existing team for a certain project to increase your in-house capacity. Adopting staff augmentation saves you from the lengthy process of permanent hiring. It’s like hiring experts just for a single task.
Steps to Hire Dedicated Developers Using Staff Augmentation
Here are the steps that organizations are advised to follow for opting for IT staff augmentation services.
- Identify your requirements
- Determine what kind you skills you need for your respective project.
- Figure out if you have those skills or if you lack those in your in-house team.
- Select the suitable partner
- Choose the right IT staff augmentation company by considering their relevant experience.
- Evaluate their past projects and client feedback.
- Discuss the project
- Discuss your project requirements and objectives in detail.
- Specify the project timeline and any particular challenges you anticipate.
- Skill Matching
- At this stage, the IT staff augmentation company will pick out developers from their extensive talent pool who meet your requirements.
- These selected developers match the skill set, expertise, and experience needed for your project.
- Developer Selection
- You’ll then be presented with a chosen few developers’ profiles to select from.
- Examine their relevant years of experience, and skills. You can even have a word with them to have a better understanding of their expertise.
- Once you’ve selected the developers, they temporarily become an integral part of your team.
- Introduce them to your project, tech stack, and procedures.
- Work with your augmented members just like you would with your existing team.
- Keep open communication channels to ensure smooth collaboration.
- Project Completion
- Developers work according to the agreed project timeline.
- Monitor progress and address any issues that arise.
- Knowledge Transfer
- With the completion of the project, developers can share their insights and knowledge attained during the course.
- This is useful for the team to understand the complexity of the project.
- Smooth Transition
- As the project concludes, it will be handed over to you with complete ownership.
- You can evaluate the overall performance of these hired dedicated developers to know if you can count on them for future projects.
Benefits of IT Staff Augmentation Services
- Cost efficiency: Staff augmentation eliminates the need to hire someone permanently. This eventually saves expenses that would otherwise go on providing benefits and training.
- Time-saving: Hire skilled developers quickly without going through the painstaking lengthy recruitment processes.
- Flexibility: Scale your team however you like, whether up or down based on the project requirements.
- Access to a larger pool: Get access to a larger talent pool and specialized skills that you might not have in your existing team.
- ReducedrRisk: Augmented developers have the expertise and relevant experience hence, reduced risk.
- Frees time: As augmented developers handle the project, it frees your in-house team to focus on other tasks of value.
Difference Between Staff Augmentation and Outsourcing
You can understand staff augmentation like borrowing some additional team members for a particular project. They become a temporary part of your team. On the other hand, outsourcing is about hiring an external team to take care of a complete project or maybe a part of it.
Augmented staff works in close connection with your existing team just like any team member. An outsourced team works individually and the accountability of the complete task lies with them.
You have more control over the tasks and processes in the staff augmentation model. IT outsourcing services provide less direct control over the processes.
IT staff augmentation services make hiring developers very easy. It proves great for both businesses as well as developers. With the appropriate partner, you can effortlessly enhance the capabilities of your team and bring your projects to reality without worrying about any long-term commitments. So, in the future when you’re on the search for expert developers, consider opting for IT staff augmentation. Assemble your team as you like for customized solutions.